Well, I won't discount the possibility that I've done something wrong there,
but it seems fairly simple.  Here's my gameinfo.txt - I only removed the "//"
comments so it would be easier to read via email clients.  Any ideas of what I
might try changing/adding/deleting?

"GameInfo"
{
        game    "Art of Ascension"
        title   ""
        title2  ""
        type multiplayer_only
        nomodels 0
        nohimodel 1
        nocrosshair 1
        icon "aoa"

    developer "BloodyKenny"
    developer_url "http://aoa.gamemod.net/";
    manual "http://aoa.gamemod.net/";

        hidden_maps
        {
                "test_speakers"         1
                "test_hardware"         1
        }
        FileSystem
        {
                SteamAppId                              320
                ToolsAppId                              211
                SearchPaths
                {
                        Game                            |gameinfo_path|.
                        Game                            hl2mp
                        Game                            hl2
                }
        }