Visual Studio 2k5, click Class View tab, double click the class you are
interested in, that opens up the Object Browser, if it doesn't automatically
go to it you can then just browse to your class.  Click on the + beside it
and it will drop down it's attributes and methods.  If it has base types a
folder right below the class name will appear called "Base Types" and you
can open that up, to get the base types and recurse through that until you
get to the lowest point.

It's not perfect, #ifndef CLIENT_DLL and such will catch it out, but for the
most part it's fine aslong as you select the approriate project as active.

http://www.namit.org/~bush/hlcoders/c_baseplayer.jpg

I had no idea it existed, never needed it, but took 2 seconds to find in 2k5
and I'm sure it'll exist in 2k3 to some extent.