d:\dev\rel\

Im guessin thats a valve guys drive. Maybe there are some asserts in the
engine, or the engine is compiled debug :P

Ryan Sheffer wrote:
This is the bizzarest thing but I kid you not, we are getting an assert on
release dlls. Seems to happen no matter what.

http://www.obsidianconflict.com/skidzimages/assert.jpg

It only happens on one of the ravenholm maps when you jump in the cart, but
I thought I might as well bring it to the attention of someone at Valve. We
found the exact assert in our SDK code as well, but even when we remove
every trace of that assert, it still pops up. Another interesting thing is
the folder structure. d:\dev\rel\... None of us have a dev folder in D
drive.

Anyway, its not a huge problem for us, but I wouldn't mind understanding how
something like this could happen outside of debug dlls unless the debug code
was forced into release dlls on the engine somewhere.
--
~skidz