From: Jed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:55:49 PM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Attaching models to player

I think you need to either add an attachment to the player model at
the shoulder and lookup  the origin of that or look-up the origin of
the specific bone in the player model.

I think whats happening is you just getting the players default origin
which is is on the ground between their feet.

- Jed

On 16/01/2008, Garrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> So I haven't been having much luck with getting something remotely
 close to what I want happening to work.  Basically, I'm trying to attach
 the Kleiner model to the shoulder of the player model.  I found out
 from Tony that I should do a FollowEntity( pPlayer, false ) and set the
 origin and angles of the model before I call FollowEntity.
  Unfortunately, no matter where I set the origin of the entity, the feet of
the model
 are always stuck at the feet of the player model.  I'm still kind of
 confused as to how FollowEntity works, and if I should be using that on
 the client or server.  My ultimate goal would be to have the Kleiner
 model's hip area appear to be stuck to the player's shoulder, and have
 the model be a client side ragdoll, since the model is supposed to be
 hanging limply over the player's shoulder (if you've ever played Science &
 Industry, this is the part where you have the players carrying the
 scientists).  But for right now, I would be