The way the physgun does effects is perfect for what I'm trying to
accomplish.  I'd prefer to have the client differentiate the effect instead
of using an entity on the server as I would have better control over the
actual attachment.  The problem is I haven't found a way to create a
particle effect that would resemble flame that would suffice client side.

Essentially I'm creating the ability for the player to throw fireballs.
Since there is no weapon in hand, I'm using a modified version of the old
gravity gloves mod for garrys mod as a weapon.  Basically just Gordon's
animated hand with attachment points that are the same as the physgun...for
first person POV anyway.  Right now for world view I'm just using melee
player animations with no weapon, to simulate throwing.  Using a modified
RocketTrail works perfect for the actual projectile, but what I want to end
up doing is have a "burning hand", both in first person POV and in world
view.

As I'm at work and havent had a chance to test this, is I used animated
VTF's  (similar to how sprays can be animated) as sprites attached to a
weapon, would they still animate?

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Andrew Ritchie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What about looking at how muzzle flashes are handled, they occur globally
> and in both weapon space and world space.

Daniel Soltyka
[EMAIL PROTECTED]