ok so I am still stuck with getting anything the physics gun holds to have a
propper collsion mesh.
so far we tried editing bool CGrabController::UpdateObject
to have
CTraceFilterSkipTwoEntities traceFilter( pPlayer, pEntity,
COLLISION_GROUP_INTERACTIVE_DEBRIS );//adon edit was collison_group_none

and
// edit ih: changed from MASK_SOLID_BRUSHONLY to MASK_SOLID
    enginetrace->TraceRay( ray, MASK_SOLID, &traceFilter, &tr );

but this doesnt seem to have an effect on anything I pick up with the grav
gun

I guess Garry would know what to do here as his grav gun seems to make
objects use their collsion mesh correctly..Any more help insight would be
great..pretty please
cheers
adam