I dunno. I'm guessing it could be even simpler than that.

For the demo's you've only got to really record what things looked and
sounded like. So things like models, angles, positions, gestures. You
don't need to know all the internal data like reload timings etc..
with the exceptions of data for HUD stuff, like health and ammo
counts.

garry