To Walter/Tobias:

I have changed my runvmpi.pl and buildsdkshaders.bat files to point to
sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\shadercompile.exe and with only those changes
I can almost compile. Its the first time I have seen the Shader Combo stage
ever!! However I get this from the command prompt:

post_nightvision_ps20.fxc....writing inc
PassThrough_vs20.fxc....writing inc
        1 file(s) moved.
C:\mycodedir\src\materialsystem\stdshaders'fxc.exe' is not recognized as an
internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Shader combo 0 of 2...            'fxc.exe' is not recognized as an internal
or external operable program or batch file.
Shader combo 1 of 2...

0 seconds elapsed.

Overwrite old source SDK .vcs files?

and thats it! I have been searching for problems with my .pl files and
buildsdkshader batch file and I do not see any. If you could please
contact me at  r...@avpgold2.com or rcanfiel...@gmail.com if you could I
would appreciate it. I don't want to clog up hlcoders with the same emails
when it might be something totally stupid I am doing. Thank you guys

Sorry for the spam of emails