Sounds like the linker is discarding those symbols because analysis has
determined they are unreferenced. Linker option /OPT:NOREF (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bxwfs976(VS.80).aspx) sounds like it
might fix the problem, if it works. I believe there are still some symbols
that won't be included even with /OPT:NOREF. In that case, the only thing to
do would be to force the linker to include the symbols that aren't being
linked, for example:

#pragma comment(linker, "/include:symbol")

...I think you'll find that thought this makes rebuild faster and makes your
project look tidier, it's not really worth the hassle. Instead you should
structure your code so that you don't have to modify the base classes in the
SDK very often. During my normal work on BMS entities, F5 only compiles the
files I changed (linking will take the same time for both of us).

Paul