Thanks for all the replies. It really helped.

I decided to give the svn/xp-dev.com/tortoiseSVN another try.
And after some work i managed to get used to it.

I managed to make the lock of all the files mandatory and also add some
other things more at my taste.
I know the lock doesn't have to be but i don't like the merge thing.

I just have to keep remembering that that VSS 'Get latest version' is SVN
'Checkout' and VSS 'Check Out' is SVN 'Lock On'. ;)
(and other similar things)

Thanks again,
Davide (DAV)
Email: d...@davlevels.com