On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Minh <minh...@telus.net> wrote:
> Yea, that seems to make sense. I don't see how it would cause an extra
> load on the server if a player is not sending his usercmd frequently.
> That player will just warp more.. but the rest of the players will move
> about fine and see each other fine. They would just see that high ping
> bastard as warpy.

You can have 50 ms latency and low cl_cmdrate (or network losing your
cmds) and be seen as warpy. If a game has collisions with players it
gets irritating to play with latency higher than 100-150. Receiving
packets that appear later isn't really time consuming. :P

High pingers cause kills around the corner because lag comp goes quite
far back in time in their case. Of course, everyone can cause them but
in their case it's more visible. High latency doesn't cause any
jumpiness.

Garry (about lag comp): then it would mean they can't hit anything.
Default sv_unlag is 1 second. Not many players play with higher
latency.