Yes I had the same issue once (speech of characters AI not playing, but every
other sound in-game OK),
I beleve it had something to do with my video card HDMI drivers not being
installed properly.

Try to go on your vid card website, and update those drvers, as absurd as it
may seem I think that was my problem back then.
But it is definitely not an uncommon problem, google it out, I remember reading
on the subject in various forums, one of their suggestions might fit your case,
if the HDMI drivers weren't the cause.

Cheers.

 - Igor