Thanks, I should have noticed the word "PAS" in there to have given me a
hint in the first place :( But once I found the attenuation function I was
able to see how it worked and will work on it.

Currently I'm cheating in recipientfilter.cpp and have just done:

void CPASAttenuationFilter::Filter( const Vector& origin, float attenuation
/*= ATTN_NORM*/ )
{
    // Don't crop for attenuation in single player
    if ( gpGlobals->maxClients >= 1 )
    AddAllPlayers();

Just to make sure I'm in the right function, which I'm pleased to say did
work so I'm definately on the right track now.

Chief:)