I'm working on a multiplayer HL2 mod and I'm having a lot of trouble using an
attachment on the player viewmodel for the camera position and angles. I
thought I could just call
GetViewModel()->GetAttachment(GetViewModel()->LookupAttachment("camera1"),
eyeOrigin, eyeAngles); from the CalcPlayerView function in
baseplayer_shared.cpp but it does not work. The camera takes on the position
and angles of the attachment but it keeps flickering between the attachment
angles and what I assume is the original angles of the camera. I tried to make
a video to illustrate the problem but when I ran fraps the problem stopped! Any
help here would be appreciated as I am at a loss as to what is causing the
problem. I tried the same thing with the eyes attachment on the player model
and I got the same problem. This seems to be a problem only in multiplayer as I
have been able to use the eyes attachment in a single player mod with no
trouble.