You'd first have to know the size of the board.  Then just use a ray trace
to capture where on the board you are clicking and convert to 2D
coordinates.  Then using a RenderTarget for the board texture, you should be
able to edit the image directly pixel by pixel.  I don't remember the exact
functions anymore, but it is possible.