Thanks for the answers.
So I'm better off rescaling each individual models if I want vphysic
collisions to work properly then? I'll do that then. Thanks.

About the map menu, loading a map directly is a good idea, but if the user
somehow finds a way to drop back to the real main menu, that could be a
problem. I thought about a couple of ways I could implement my own main
menu.
I could just disable the vgui context for the main menu, hide it, and use
only the viewport's vgui panels as menu.
Or hijack the gameui root panel and replace it with my panel, or just add my
panel as a children and cover the entire screen with it, but that's a little
risky.
Has anybody tried this before?

PS: I hope I posted the reply at the right place.