I emailed Mike Dunkle (and some others, but he replied) just before Portal 2
came out asking if the current Source SDK would be updated to either the
Portal 2 engine or Source 2009. He told me there were no plans to do so as
the Source 2009 version was too similar to 2007 even though this isn't
really true. Though this may have changed since May/April.

I would advise emailing staff members from Valve directly as you're more
likely to get a reply out of someone since I doubt there's any staff members
at Valve that still check this mailing list.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Psy_Commando <psycomma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry, for the previous message, forgot to put a subject...
>
> Hi,this time I'm having a more complicated question. Me and my team were
> about to switch from Source 2007 to Alien Swarm Source, to make our mod
> free, and to have access to the menu and loading UI and the Alien Swarm
> assets. However, Source 2007 is now free, so that removed one of the big
> advantages of ASW. Beside ASW, has tons of references directly to member
> variables of other classes, which makes it very hard to make significant
> changes.
>
> What I'm wondering is, is this a good move in the long term ? I mean ASW,
> and the ASW SDK are pretty much left to die by its devs, and there are about
> two active mods... Unlike with ASW I can expect that there will be a Source
> 2009 update at some point with the Source SDK. Any suggestions or comments ?

- Stephen Swires