Hi all,

This is a long shot:

Is there any way to use the gameinfo.txt to mount Counter-Strike: Source content in the Source SDK Base 2006 engine?

This is so that I can recover my mod, CSS SCI FI, which ran on the SDK Base 2006 and mounted content (maps, textures, models) from Counter-Strike: Source. This worked for years using the GCF system. I was weeks away from releasing an upgrade/revision before Steampipe stopped all development.

I have seen reports of other mods that were rescued by altering their gameinfo.txt files, but I can't find a way to launch one engine (Source 2006) and mount content from a different Steampipe game (CS:S). The closest I can get is this:

"GameInfo" {
game            "CSS SCI FI 3: HARDWIRED"
title           "HARDWIRED"
title2          "css sci fi 3"
type            "singleplayer_only"
icon            "resource/scifi"
developer               "Fitzroy_Doll"
developer_url   "http://www.amphibian.myzen.co.uk/css_sci_fi/";
manual                  "F:\steam\Steamapps\SourceMods\CSS SCI FI\CSS SCI
FI_Readme.pdf"
FileSystem {
SteamAppId 215
SearchPaths {
game F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"
Game |gameinfo_path|.
Game hl2
}
}
}

in which I manually write the path to the cstrike directory. This allows the maps to be read, but not the textures, models or sounds in the vpk files.

I would think that the client libraries have to be re-compiled in order to do this, but this would be a ground-up rewrite of the whole game in the latest engine, and I simply don't have the resources to do this.

Any hope?

thanks

fitzroy_doll