Thanks for the new SDK Jay/Valve! Here are a few things I've noticed about
it:

* I got the Linux port running, and I must admit I found the sensation
strange to be building and playing a Source game client natively on Linux!
The files won't load though unless the names are in all lowercase. I
imagine this is because the engine handles Linux case sensitivity by
slamming all file names to lowercase before opening them? That's a
reasonable way to handle it, but it threw me for a loop when I triple
checked the names in my files and they were correct. Mod authors will have
to rename their entire asset tree to lowercase for the Linux port. Is this
in some documentation somewhere?

* The Windows dedicated server gives me this error message when clients try
to connect: http://i.imgur.com/7jm2ZOJ.jpg "Client connected with ticket
for the wrong game." The Linux dedicated server works just fine otherwise.

* We haven't been able to get servers to appear in the server list. Not
even in the LAN list, it seems. Strangely enough, I can see 2007-based
servers from the server browser, but I can't see 2013-based servers. With
the exception of the above problem with Windows ded servers, it's possible
to connect to a server by IP address, but nothing we've done has convinced
the servers to show up in the browser.

Thanks again for the SDK update, I'm psyched about the Linux and Mac ports,
and I'll be digging into the VR stuff as soon as my Rift dev kit arrives :)

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodríguez
[ Tw <http://twitter.com/vinobs> | Fb <http://www.facebook.com/bsvino>