At 02:23 PM 10/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>And so begins...  another exciting episode of.... FLAME WARS 2001!!!!!!

It doesn't have to be a flame war if you consider the benefits of both
operating systems ...  Either operating systems have their pros and cons ...

I know there are benefits to either operating system, and both of them are
full of their share of bugs ... Some are more publicized than others
...  Such as a car accident in Alaska, or a plane crash in Philadelphia
...  Microsoft is the plane crash ... A target cause they're on top whether
you like it or not ...  Just as there is a "Hackers Guide to Windows 2000",
there is a "Hackers Guide to Linux" ...  there's the copyright and copyleft
issues ... still, full of pros and cons ...  My point here is that all
software contains bugs ... All systems can contract viruses if the operator
isn't educated ...  With all of these Code Red and Nimda happenings, I was
unaffected because I kept my systems current ...

The best thing about Linux/BSD is, it's FREE ... If there remains a "flame
war" about "my operating system is better than yours" well then, that's
counter-productive and will serve to help no one ...  On the other hand, if
you remain edumacated on what benefits there are to running either
operating system, then you may find yourself in a win win situation
...  That's the track I've chosen ... to receive the best of both worlds, I
am running both operating systems on my network and there are plans to
integrate the two of them using the Linux/BSD side and the Microsoft
Interix and Services for Unix ...  I received both FREE at the last Web
Hoster Program seminar I attended ...

Whereas you may feel Microsoft is some huge tyrant, I have found them
nothing but helpful in my endeavors ... They gave me a FREE copy of Windows
2000 Advanced Server with 25 CALs, The W2K Resource Kit on CD, the above
mentioned *nix software, and free seminars on how to run them ...  If you
go poking around the Microsoft Web Site, you will find hidden treasures
...  But yes, the box on the shelf at the computer store is a very
expensive one ... I bought NT4, I bought W2K Server UPGD, I bought MS
Office Professional ... This is a lot of money spent ...

Keep an open mind, a sense of humor, and you will reap the rewards ...