<SNIP>
> The only thing we ever needs, is an admin command implemented
> into the half-life engine, to grab a
> client screen shot, like the old in-eye style. That way, none of
> this will ever be needed, it can be
> decided within a few seconds wether a player is using wallhack or
> other client side cheats.

<SNIP>

I second this idea. I am so damn sick of wasting hours of playing time
spectating suspected cheaters every day!

My server attracts new users on a daily basis, and there's an average of two
players a night that I have to spec. It's the same with my other admins (who
are much quicker to ban than me). Lately I spend about twice as much time
spectating than playing, and even after all that, most of the time I'm STILL
not sure - not a very good incentive for someone to run a server, IMO. Many
times I've been tempted to shut mine down, but the cheating is so rampant on
other servers and it seems admins are never present when there are obvious
cheaters, so why bother playing at all? At least I can GUESS that I'm
playing with honest people on my own server.

On-demand client screen shots would be the best thing ever to happen to any
online game.