Allan McMillan wrote:
>             Has anyone ever had any problems administrating a lan
> event before? We are in the process of testing our server for our
> organised event but keep getting an Invalid session ticket error when
> we try to connect. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Most places will have at least an analog phone line coming into the
room. It's a safe bet that somebody will either "Exit and Logout" before
your event, or an auth error will crop up despite your best efforts.
That analog line can be a big saver though. All you need is for the
afflicted person to connect for a minute and get his valid ticket, then
logoff and he'll be ready to go.

At our recent event, we had two clients that had some trouble with this.
We setup Internet Connection Sharing on one laptop with a phone cable
that went about 100ft into a nearby hotel room. That solved all our
problems.

--
Tim