-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of TMTF45
Sent: 31 July 2004 19:31
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds] 1.6 Lan proble

Ok..here's my set up..that worked flawlessly on CS 1.5..which is the
same
set up for STEAM currently.

Servers-->own router and gateway with dedicated STATIC ISP IP, and
internal
local IP.(SDSL ISP)
Other computers(workstations)-->own router and gateway. (CABLE ISP)

All workstations, and servers are on the same local ip and subnet ie:
192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0 and are all connected thru the same 24 port
switch.

When connecting via CABLE ISP, no problems..but I also see the CS1.6
Server
on my LAN tab, tried to connect thru that..no go.."invalid steam
ticket"...entered the local LAN IP via console..same error.

This is exactly the same setup for the old WONID System, and worked with
not
problems, all I did was added a STEAM server to the same CS 1.5 box, and
turned off the 1.5 HLDS console so it won't interfere with STEAM server.
I'm assuming in essence it should work the same way as 1.5 did, but alas
it
isn't.  I know that the client needs to be validated and all with steam,
but
since having a seperate router/gateway to get validated to enter the 1.6
server LAN should work but it refuses to let me in.

I checked the STEAMPOWERED forums and no answers..its kinda weird.
Honestly..wouldn't you want to have a sub 5 ping than a 60ish ping?
Aside
from the low ping, this way I can d/l files etc...via ISP and still play
CS
1.6 via LAN.