Hey All

I know this isn't a server question, so feel free to flame me till
your heart's content.  But I'm considering buying a new video card to
be able to better play HL2.  My current system is a AMD Athalon XP
2000 with a gig of ram and a Nvidia GeForce 4 graphics card.

I tried Doom3 (which i heard has similar system requirements to those
of HL2) on the lowest settings and it barfed.  So I'm thinking in
getting a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128) to be able to better enjoy newer
video games.

My question is, is just upgrading the video card going to be enough to
let me play HL2?  Perhaps someone from Valve could comment.

And yes, I've read the system requirements.  PIII 800 mhz DX6
Compatible.  But Doom3 said it would run just fine on a lower end
system as well and it just died.

Any Info?

Thanks.
--