On Wednesday, August 18, 2004 5:12 PM NZT,
Chance Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Add Opteron's in there and you got the 4 corners.

Yeah, could do that as well, but I'm not sure how Opteron performance
compares, anybody got some numbers for that too?

For the same price as the Xeon 3GHz we'd only be able to get 1.8GHz
Opterons. I know the clock speeds are not directly comparable but I
suspect with Opteron we'd be paying a premium just for 64-bit, and not
making much use of it.

-Simon