Don't forget to turn off Server and Workstation service.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Napier, Kevin
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 11:06 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [hlds] Win2k3 services

You do *not* need the following if it's a standalone system doing only hlds.
(you mileage may vary slightly)

Alerter
App.LayerGateway Ser.
App Mgmt.
autoupdate
bits
clipbook
comp.browser (though you might want to leave this on) dfs dist.link tracking
client dist.link tracking server err.reporting service file replication
help&support httpssl HID access iisadmin imapu cdbutring indexing service
Int.conn.fw kerbos key dist.
license loggin
logical disk mgr adminservice
messanger
pop3
shadowcopy service
net logon
netmeeting
network dde
dde dssm
ntlm security support
perflog & alert
print spooler
ras auto connect.mgr
ras connect.mgr
rem.desktop help service
rpc call locator
removable strg.
resultset of policy provider
routingandremoteaccess
smtp
smartcard
snmp..  (sounds like you have an HP system so probably need this) snmptrap
special admin console helper taskschedule (though usefull) telephony telnet
terminal services session directory themes ups upload mgr.
v.diskservice
volume shadow copy
webclient
windows audio (dont hurt though)