-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Whisper
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 1:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds] Win2k3 services

Are you guys sure you are server administrators?

If he is running a Games Server all he needs is the ABSOLUTE minimum
Services required to keep the box functional with TCP-IP networking.

If he does that, then 99% of all the patches that are released, while
useful, will probabaly not be required to keep his box secure since windows
itself is no more or less secure than any other OS once you have stripped
the crap off it! YES I'm assuming that you guys know wtf it is you are
doing!

I mean if you are stupid enough to run RPC, Netbios etc on your external
interfaces you deserve to be hacked, patched or not!