On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 06:46:14PM -0400, Shane Robinett wrote:
> I'm glad to see you are paying attention to your statistics courses in
> high-school.  You may want to pay more attention to your English though.
> As t oan answer to your question, the "methodology" was a dump of the
> Valve Master Server listings for 9pm EST. No other "methodology" was
> used other then to group them by the first octet.

A single point of data is all but meaningless.  Collect data every 5
minutes for at least 24 hours.  Break that data up into 24 hour chunks,
then run some numbers on it.  Doing less than that and attempting
global analysis is utterly worthless.  Doing daily averages over a week
would be even better.

You may want to be careful, not everyone is a kid on this list.  There
are some of us that have been maintaining servers for the better part
of a decade.

--
Hexis
www.hxxl.com