Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, this is a server related
observation/question and no I'm not going to rant about how the latest
installed "stopped my steam client from working yet again", because that
would be a lie!

For a change the update installed smoothly, if a little sluggishly, and
with only one minor glitch in that I had to login twice. :) Not happened
since so not gonna complain.

Anyway, what I'm actually wanting to mention is that there seems to be a
problem with the master server list.  Sometimes I can get an update of
server, other times its unavailable.  More than likely this is because
plebs are out there
refreshingrefreshingrefreshingrefreshingrefreshingrefreshing their
server list.

Now the reason they are doing this is because a lot of servers seem not
to be showing up at all.  For instance I, for my sins, play on the
WidowX East DoD and keep this in my favourites.  When I opened up Steam
this morning (pre-update) there it was listed large as life.  Having
updated steam, its now "not responding".  I can only assume that this is
because of some change to the master server or the HLDS software.

Finally I get to the point, are you lot finding your servers aren't
appearing as online, and does hldsupdates or restarting the server then
make the server appear online?

I can't get my weeny home server appear on the master list, but thats
another issue for another email all together....

Regards

Stephen