Vit,
What type of router / modem is your server running behind?

Linksys routers and Actiontec modem/routers have been known to cause this.

----- Original Message -----
From: vit
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 12:56 AM
Subject: [hlds] Mass client dump (Illegible server message - svc_bad)

Alfred I need your help...

     I was looking thru some archives and noticed some linux server
operators having this problem where a large amount of players would
get dumped off the server. It would look like clients were
disconnecting normally from the server, but they were all really
getting an "Illegible server message - svc_bad" error message in
their consoles. Anyway, it's been happening a lot on the win2000
dedicated CS server I run. It happens at random times and I can't
pinpoint the cause. I looked in the steam forums but nothing seemed
to apply, at least from those fixes I tried. I just wanted to know if
there was ever a fix found for this, or if a cause was ever found.