I looked into my archives, and I've always had those missing wad files in
the RES, and I don't have a valve directory, sv_downloadurl points into the
mod directory. That is not what is stopping this from working. I re-verified
my maps and stuff, didn't actually change anything, tried it and it works.
wtf? I'm loosing it...why didn't it work before? I just now tried
ook_criticalmass24, the one that would not download a few days ago, and it
is screaming in from my download site. At this point I'm beginning to
suspect my download site may be having issues, but when I couldn't get a
client to download from the I could manually download from there. I've had a
few players tell me that the download is working fine for them as well.
Hmm....I'm so confused LOL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Ottalini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 3:53 PM Subject: Re: [hlds] sv_downloadurl problem

Ooks,
  That map has a bad wadfile reference and some other compile problems
that are causing a svc_bad message, but the basic thing you're missing is
that the remote path has be a standard valve directory structure to
work properly,

IE:
valve\maps\ook_criticalmass24.bsp
valve\maps\ook_criticalmass24.res