From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 10:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds] Ending ????

I dont think there is any confirmation that Alyx dies in any explosion.  In
fact, she doesn't die at the end of the game, time is stopped when the game
ends. An assumption that she dies pretty much goes against basic premise of
the arc from HL to HL2... think about the fact that Gordon doesn't age, yet
it is 10 yrs later... when gordon and alyx teleport, a week has gone by....
People are traveling through trans-dimensional portals.... And the G-man can
stop time.

I think its a safe assumption that a character as well liked and pivotal as
Alyx is kept alive.

other than that, yeah you could say it is a bit of a ....cliffhanger.
Tie up the story, and who's gonna buy HL3?