Rcon doesn't seem to return stuff to the remote client sometimes - for
example if I do an 'rcon listid' from a remote rcon tool it doesn't
return anything to my session. The command is still executed - it runs
properly on the server and the console lists the ids, but nothing is
returned at all to the invoking rcon tool.

Seems to do this in-game and a few other things we've tested as well.
Can anyone else confirm?

-- trog

---- Original Message ---- From: "m0gely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 10:44 AM Subject: Re: [hlds] rcon

Bruce "Bahamut" Andrews wrote:

Perhaps you should revise the changes that were made to the kick
functionality.  I can't remember exactly, but it was something along
the lines of "kick <nickname>" or "kickid <userid# or steamid>".
Banid/banip should work the same?  Would you like to give more
details to work from?

Why not just kick and ban? I don't understand all these commands that do the same thing a different way. Partial names would be good also.

kick < part of nick | userid | steamid > { message }
ban < part of nick | userid | steamid | ip > minutes { message }
unban < steamid | ip >