On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 18:54 -0800, m0gely wrote:
> Marcelo Bezerra wrote:
>
> > Changing the cfg is easy and I might do it in the future, but the .dll
> > had to be in the base bin folder or it wouldn't load (dunno if it is
> > fixed by now) .
>
> Sure if "autoloading" the plugin is the desired result.  I would prefer
> a config based load like the metamod/plugins.ini.  I moved the dll out
> of the bin folder and put it in the "cstrike/addons/sap/dlls".
> (Currently I use SAP).  Then I put this in my autoexec.cfg file:
> plugin_load cstrike/addons/mosca/dlls/sap.dll
>
> This to me is much cleaner as I don't have to move or rename files to
> disable a plugin for a short term amount of time.  Friendlier for web
> panel admins too.
>
> > There are no config files provided, but I user .ini over .cfg for the
> > admins.ini and ips.ini because they are not meant to be exec'ed from the
> > server console (they have data, not commands)
>
> Your readme doesn't say admins.ini, it says admins.cfg.  I prefer .ini.

The pupose of the .vdf file is to load the plugin on server start, if
you prefer to do it via plugin_load in autoexec you can just delete it.

As for the location of the dll, I see no problem with placing it in the
top bin/ directory, since it makes upgrading easier if you run multiple
mods from a single srcds install dir.

So the only patch that might need changing is the locatin of the .ini's
files, witch I might simply put in a cvar (like adminmod does).

As for admins.cfg in the readme, ooops. Fixed :). admins.ini is the
correct file name.

I placed an updated package (with the corrected readme) in
http://mosca.yi.org/~mosca/serverplugin_mosca/

Anyway, when I get back home, I'll change those filenames into cvars, so
you can place them anywhere you need.

> --
> - m0gely
> http://quake2.telestream.com/
> Q2 | Q3A | Counter-strike

Marcelo de Paula Bezerra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>