Marcelo de Paula Bezerra wrote:

The pupose of the .vdf file is to load the plugin on server start, if
you prefer to do it via plugin_load in autoexec you can just delete it.

As for the location of the dll, I see no problem with placing it in the
top bin/ directory, since it makes upgrading easier if you run multiple
mods from a single srcds install dir.

Actually I have been thinking about this a little more now. The option of doing it either way is good.

But here is a good idea.  Whatever .ini files you set up to be used with
your plugin, allow the user to specify alternate versions of those
files.  The ability to have admins_27016.ini would be good for admins
who run multiple servers from a single install.

And I noticed when manually loading the plugin that the root folder in
the console for any mod seems to be where srcds.exe is, not the mod
folder.  In the metamod/plugins.ini your path would start with "addons"
as the root folder was the mod.  But with plugin_load you specify the
mod folder at the beginning of the path.  I think this is much more
flexible really.  As a 3rd option the admin can run "one" install of
Mosca (SAP, et al) and use it for cstrike, hl2mp, etc.  No need to
install it in different mod folders.  Of course, then you need to be
able to specify alternate configs all the more.  You could have:

C:\HLServer\addons\sap

I think thats pretty cool. :)

--
- m0gely