It's really funny how all of you people think you're some kind of genius and
have an easy solution. The problem is, you know nothing, and are not helping
in any way.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of StealthMode
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds] When will the "nosteam" hacks be fixed?

"But I would like to hear some offical word on how VALVe plains to stop all
this foolishness."

I think every admin on this list would. However, lets look at something for
a minute.

I think Valve supports cheating. Why do I say this? Why is there an option
in the server software to disable anticheat? Its this that leads me to
believe that Valve endorses cheating. Why do they make the anticheat? Cause
if they didn't they would lose half of their customer base at least. So they
have to make it appear that they are doing something. Whens the last time
Valve updated VAC? I know I have turned in a few cheats to VAC that aren't
distributed that badly yet. But are there detections for it in VAC? No. The
cheats still work to this day. That was two months ago that I turned those
hacks in.

I think Valve needs to take a stand. Enforce VAC on all servers, lock down
the database, set up an authentication system like others on this list have
requested. To the guys who say oh I don't want VAC on my server, too bad,
you want the game, they made it, use the anticheat that's built into it or
don't use the software. I remember this thing in the EULA that stated you
could not modify the code, or "hook" it in any way shape or form, if you did
you had to destroy your copy of the software. If VAC were mandatory, this
same clause would apply. And if they locked the engine down better, cheats
would be a thing of the past.

I to would love some form of reply from Valve. Maybe I'll forward these
latest mails to each and every employee of Valve Software every day until
someone chooses to reply (Gotta love spam).

-StealthMode