From: "Deadman Standing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In CS1.6 they are stored in banned.cfg . You can use removeid <id> to
remove a player from banned.cfg and use writeid to store the current
list of banned players to banned.cfg . Ex:

removeid STEAM_0:0:23452345
writeid

******* I tried that. ******* And every time I write listid it seems OK, but ******* next time the server starts up they're all there again

You can also modify banned.cfg manually if hlds is NOT running.

Ex:
1) Stop hlds
2) modify and save changes to banned.cfg
3) Restart hlds

Note: If you modify banned.cfg WHILE hlds is running hlds may recreate
the file, especially if someone new is banned, and overwrite any changes
you made.

******* Also tried that, even had the ******* banned.cfg removed completly so it ******* had to regenerate a new banned.cfg. ******* Still no luck.