As I posted earlier today the HL2DM team is working on deploying a fix.

- Alfred

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mikee
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:58 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Alfred: Demo of New HL2-DM Hack that crashed server

I awoke to both of my 16 person HL2-DM servers being crashed by this
same bug.  I also had several messages from clan members and friends who
read this on the Myg0t website.  I don't see much point in running
HL2-DM servers at my expense when Valve cannot handle this in an
effective and expedicious manner.  I have used the ban file from WArgOd
which now gives me 485 banned users, but obviously that was not enough.

[quote]Taken from myg0t website

*UPDATE* CS:S Exploit Patched, Still Works - Comments (16) posted by
[myg0t]SourceX on Thursday, March 24 @ 1:10 AM

While the exploit posted below has been patched for CS:S by VALVe, it
however still works fine in HL2:DM and even in one out three CS:S
servers I have joined, since most have not restarted yet. So, continue
to use the below posted exploit and the scripts posted in comments by
users in that news thread, for HL2:DM and in those CS:S servers which
have not restarted to get the patch.

New CS:S Exploit - Comments (61)
posted by [myg0t]SourceX on Tuesday, March 22 @ 6:04 PM

Some of you might have seen us using this in servers already, others may
have just read about it on the Steam forums, until now we were trying to
keep it semi-private by releasing it only on IRC. But, it seems others
would rather have VALVe patch it quickly, and have been releasing it
freely without giving us credit. So, here it is:

The way this bug works is by making use of the "te" command which stands
for 'tempent'. This command does NOT need 'sv_cheats' to be set to one,
it works regardless of it being one or zero.

Its syntax is: "te 'time (10-1000sec)' 'string'" 'String' is just the
name of each ent which it can spawn for the period of time (in seconds)
specified by parameter two.

A short and simple set of binds we have been using mainly, which out of
all the entities are the most fun, are the following:
bind , "te 10 breakmodel"
bind / "te 10 Dynamic Light"
bind ' "te 10 Explosion"
bind . "te 10 Large Funnel"

Something we've found amusing to do is to use the fake space (ALT+0160)
in your name, go into Spectator mode and fly around the map spamming the
bug, or follow a certain player so it looks like they are doing it. No
logs will be made on the server at all when you use this command.
Becuase of the new
HL:2 Source engine having a limitation on entities, when enough are
spawned, the server will crash. Here a list for reference of entities
you can spawn using 'te' and what they do:

"Show Line" - makes some line thing with no texture "Blood Stream" -
blood stream with no decal "BeamPoints" - a little beam thing "Large
Funnel" - a bunch of blocks that fall around with no textures "Smoke" -
what it says "Explosion" - what it says - does physics stuff too
"breakmodel" - a bunch of skulls "Metal Sparks" - what it says "Armor
Ricochet" - armor ricochet with sound "BeamRingPoint" - yellow ring
thing same as beam ring "Dynamic Light" - makes some flashing light
"GlowSprite" - more clouds "Sprite Spray" - shoots clouds "Sparks" -
what it says "KillPlayerAttachments"
"BeamEnts" - some little dong beam thing sometimes "Bubbles" - does
bubbles "Blood Sprite" - blood with no texture "Sprite" - some cloud
"Energy Splash" - what it says "CS MuzzleFlash" - drops skulls from
point "BeamRing" - makes a ring thing "PhysicsProp" - more skulls - does
physics stuff too

Credits go out to [myg0t]sp0rk for discovering this bug in the Source
engine.[/quote]