This is ancient knowledge from back when I had the oppertunity to play
during the Condition-Zero-era beta, but it seemed the floaty
object/ragdall behavior happened when you

1. Started a map
2. Altered sv_gravity
3. Cycled the map (changing to another or reloading the same one, I'd guess)
4. Altered sv_gravity again

At the time it seemed like physics/ragdoll gravity was pre-computated
based on the sv_gravity set during mapload.

Ssomething fun to do was setting the gravity to near-zero, reloading the
map, and then setting it back to normal (or near-normal), you'd be able
to run backwards and drop your gun ... seeing it float in mid-air, etc.

Lorenzo Fife wrote:

this affects objects, but i'm not seeing a change in corpses when they
die.

the way they were... when they'd die, it's like the body would freeze
in the
position it was in when it was shot dead, and would SLOOOOWWWLLLLY fall
down.

i'm pretty sure i didn't play with the "sv" stuff though :-/ i have
the mani
admin plugin, maybe it's something it did?