It's not bad at all.  I get so tired of people defending all those who try
to crash, hack, and cheat in the servers we pay for.  If you don't like it,
then just run your own server and advertise that all of them are welcome.

I would much rather have 10-15 corrections among a list of 1400
troublemakers.  If the few innocents make their case, their ban can be
removed.  There is no VAC-2 at the present time, and who knows if all those
attempting to crash our servers would even be detected by VAC-2.  No system
of justice will ever be perfectly fair, including VAC-2.

Bravo to WarGod for doing this.  I do wish you would remove those using the
*E|M|F* tag or at least break those out separately.  What happened to all
the 1400+ bans you had?  I still have the last copy you made.

One small correction is that the link you gave should have been:
http://70.85.25.116/banned_user.txt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Kobbevik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com> Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 3:35 AM Subject: RE: [hlds] Request to clear steam id's from global ban lists

Maybe this will help people see how bad it is to try to maintain a banlist
where anyone can contribute... Its just silly... and I think you all know
it...

I understand that you are desperate to ban cheaters.. but you are also
banning non-cheating players...

Open your eyes....