-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bud Ingram
Sent: 11 May 2005 19:15
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] mp_showhitboxes

From: "Ben" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I think that valve should hide or remove a lot of console commands to stop
> the community from destroying itself with its own ignorance :)
>
> That video is a perfect example of why this would be a good idea!

Unless the video has been properly refuted by the developer, I believe that
it is a good example of a situation that needs to be corrected.  Your
suggestion that the community is destroying itself with it's own ignorance
is not helping to suggest one way or another that it is or isn't a design
flaw with the multiplayer portion of the Source Engine.

If this situation has already been handled, say by -tickrate or max fps,
server side, then fine -- but I do not recall seeing such a degree of
separation between the model and actual hit-boxes being discussed with
server variables as part of the context.  I know that there was some
discussion over accuracy and increased FPS server side (dedicated), but this
is a listen server, the server is showing the hit-boxes, correct?  How does
this explain any issues with lag or latency when the author of the video is
describing the situation through use of a Bot on his own server (listen)?

Please feel free to express your wisdom on the situation so that we aren't
"ignorant".

Respectfully,

Bud Ingram