From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 12:50 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] server crashes w/ new update

Alfred,

Just wondering - what was so bad about this "hack"? I
understand that it's not used anymore by Valve but you
surely know that virtually any plugin was using these menus,
so it is so necessary to remove them?
I guess you won't argue that Esc-type menus are ugly to say
at least. They might be great from API poing of view but
they are not comfortable to use... Is there a chance that
Valve leaves us with old style menus?

Thanks and regards,
Newbie