The "VAC2 Beta" refers to the servers enabling VAC2.  The servers don't
do the cheat detection, so that testing is completely independant, and I
believe has been going on since march/april.

Steve (aka Mudboy)
The-Space.net

Jonathan wrote:

Apologies if I've somehow missed this in an earlier message from someone
else (or Alfred, even), but the last I knew of VAC2, it was still in
connectivity testing.  This was several weeks, I believe, before the
recent update that seems to have expanded the beta to 1.6.

So, where exactly are we with the beta test?  Still connectivity, or
have we moved along to cheat detection testing?

Just curious to see how it's progressing.