-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alfred Reynolds
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:02 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] RE: [hlds_linux] VAC2 Beta information

The VAC2 client in the game server attempts to use port 27014 for its
communitcations. If it fails to bind to that port then it will keep
adding one to the port (i.e 27015 next) until it finds a free port. If
you run multiple servers it is possible to have a problem when the
servers start up in the wrong order. You can use the "-steamport"
parameter (under Source) to force a particular port to prevent this
conflict (the next HL1 release will contain this feature also).

- Alfred