If you want timed bans to persist, you must avoid restarting the
server...  I believe there might have also been an addon to a stats
program that would propagate timed bans.  Not sure about AMX though.

Sorry, I don't use 1.6 often, so can't help you much more than that.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi!

This is my first post to this list having only eavesdropped up until now,
so please bear with me if I go about it the wrong way.

I'm one of the admins of a small CS 1.6 (HL1) server park and for some
time we've been puzzled as to how certain time-banned players were able to
play on our servers before their respective bans expired and using the
same SteamID they used when getting banned.

Last night I finally decided to try to have a look at what's going on and
I noticed that only permanent bans are listed in the banned.cfg file. None
of the timed bans were present. I've checked our server logs and all bans
are executed as they should be (we're using "banid <time> <ID> kick;
writeid".) Now, the only logical conclusion I have for the missing
presence of any timed bans is that they are stored in memory and
automagically disappear, when the server is restarted. But on the other
hand, that sounds a bit fantastic, since that would mean that nothing but
permanent bans are enforced reliably then. I simply cannot believe this is
so. Please help me out! Any info is appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Marc
Tele2GAMING admin