I disagree however, the fact that people are turning their cl_interp
values down is a large part the cause of the low rate users "warping"
or being harder to hit. It is no doubt however that there is an impact
to model placement accuracy with cmdrate set so low, whether by lack
of human compensation or algorithmic, or simply not enough data.

You can see players on 56k connections running low rates and high
cl_interp values having a really good gaming experience at times - it
just takes some common sense.

This problem has been going on for quite some time, and the few rate
checking plugins I have seen floating around were built very
inefficiently.