Been too long I guess, I don't recall.  For some reason my memory
seems to do better with the meat than with the potatoes.

Yeah, I addressed the collateral stuff in my next post there.

I'm not saying the executive memory space is unimportant.  I only said
that applications' memory space isn't the executive's memory space.
Because it's not, they're definitely seperate from each other, and
handled seperately/differently.  I simply stated that this setting
doesn't affect applications and the paging of their memory.  Perhaps
it would've been more accurate to say that this setting doesn't
*directly* affect applications and their paging activity.  Since the
only way it affects it is by the fact that if you disable the
executive's paging you are left with a smaller amount of RAM that
could be available to applications.  And indirectly this could/would
change the amount of paging the applications experience.  But windows
comes with a default setting to allow the executive's memory space to
be paged out for a reason, because portions of it can be inactive
enough to warrant paging it out.  No reason for my scanner driver to
be in RAM when the scanner hasn't been used or even looked at since
bootup, for instance.  And allowing the executive to be paged would
likely mean that driver would indeed be paged out whenever the OS
could use that RAM elsewhere.  Even if it's only a few dozen k.

--
Clayton Macleod
>get ye flask
You cannot get ye flask.