I just gave you the simplest of the simplest.  I'm not exactly sure
what you're trying to accomplish here.  How is this timestamp going to
be of any use to you?  What is going to issue your ping command?  If
you're simply typing it in manually, well, look at a clock! ;)  If
you're using some script or batch file to run the command then I just
gave you the commands to put in your script or batch file.  I think
it's pretty safe to say that "ping -T" isn't really what you're
thinking it is, and isn't what you want.  If you want to know what the
time was/is when you issue a command, the simplest way to do that is
to issue a command just before/after that displays the current
date/time.  In win32 you can do that with the command I showed
earlier, a "echo.|time" will display the current time.  In linux/*nix
you can display that with the "date" command.

--
Clayton Macleod
>get ye flask
You cannot get ye flask.