VAC works great in Source, we see no cheats, we do not receive cheat
reports, and if we do get the occasional one, its just a disgruntled user
who been beaten by somebody good. Cheating as far as I can tell does not
exist in Source.
 VAC on CS 1.6 on the other hand does not appear to be doing anything to
limit the amount of cheats in VAC secured servers. We can join any of our CS
1.6 servers and quickly spot multiple blatant cheats, (speedhacks, shakey
screen bots, blatant not even bothering to try and hide it wallhacks,
spinbots), we receive numerous cheat reports daily, the cheating on CS
1.6has not been affected whatsoever in CS
1.6.
 That is the state of play as I currently see it.