Its not a hit box issue
 Its a shot registration issue and the lower the tickrate the more likely
the issue raises its head.
 Its next to impossible to reproduce, other than knowing that you are
standing still and the other player is standing still and you burst, not
spam and hit bugger all, or maybe 1 shot in 10 hits even though you are
aiming at the torso.
 I know for a fact that if a player is alt-tabbed or lagging out, they seem
to take twice as many bullets to kill as a person who is not.